IBM Research Africa is looking for Research Engineer interns (Masters level & PhD Level) to join our efforts in anomalous pattern detection and Trustworthy AI.
Application Deadline: Not specified
About the IBM Research Africa Internship: At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
for IBM Research Africa (Kenya)
Currently enrolled in a Ph.D program from an accredited university in quantitative fields such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Physics, Information Systems
Demonstrable interest and experience on researching and implementing robust AI / ML pipelines. Exposure to forecasting and climate science concepts is a plus.
4 years coding experience with the scientific and ML Python stack (sklearn, numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib, etc.). Exposure to deep-learning Python libraries such as tensorflow, pytorch is a plus.
for IBM Research Africa (South Africa)
• Be a South African Citizen.
• Member of designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act.
• Registered at a recognised university in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
• Demonstrable academic research proficiency based on the scientific method.
• Working knowledge of popular and current machine learning methods and implementation techniques.
• Experience in application programming notably for mobile and web-based applications, development of web APIs, and user experience design for a variety of platforms.
• The candidate should be comfortable applying their knowledge and expertise in different domains and partnering with domain experts.
Experience with deep learning, signal and image processing, and computational mathematics will be advantageous.